Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #690
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Thanks Cornerstone.

And. Actually. I hit the garage yesterday for the first time in over a month. So much going on around lately. But I have the truck bug bad now. I have decided to try and finish my truck by July. So yesterday the wife and I cleaned out the garage big time to get it ready for truck work again. Organized everything. And I even had about an hour to do something so I ripped off the drivers outer and inner fender to match them up properly.

When I fit all the body panels on the truck a while back, I noticed the inner fenders just weren't fitting right. The top 2 bolts that screw into the outer fender didn't line up at all. Reproduction inners were close but no cigar. I basically just assembled them off the truck and figured it out. Had to reshape the inner fender in places to make it work. And also had to grind out some of the holes to make it all work.

I also saw the inner lip in the wheel well was sticking out and would cut the tire if I left it. So I got it all bolted up and took a grinder to the lip that was hanging over the outer fender. Just ground it down until it got close to the outer fender. When I pull them back apart, I will clean up the rest of the edges and call it a day. Probably put drain slots where I built a shelf for the PCM area. Little filler and paint and it's done.

Here are the drivers side pics. You can see the mods I did to both fit the PCM from core support and also the stretch the sheet metal over the power steering box area to clear the fittings.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote