View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #17
Ironangel

Re: Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kev-O View Post
Thanks for posting! I have my rear axle out and my truck is sitting on these jack stands right now. I have been working under the truck for the past month and felt sketched out the entire time. I put the wheels and a second set of stands under there just to be safe. Just another reason to avoid HF.

The shop that is installing my locker is taking forever. Pissed off at HF, pissed off my axle is not finished. Most of all pissed off at myself for being cheap and shopping at HF. Jack stands and tarps are the only thing I have ever purchased from HF. Note to self avoid HF Chinesium.

Guess I'm going to have a lifetime supply of tarps because I certainly won't be buying another set of stands with the refund.
Mine are so old there are no stickers or numbers on them, but they look exactly like the ones shown. I've never really trusted them and usually leave the jack or slide the ramps under the wheels for insurance. I just bought 16 ACDelco big block plugs for the 69 closed chamber heads and realized that they're made in China...Seems we cant even make toilet paper in this country anymore...Makes me sick!!! "Buy American, Be American!"
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote