View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #1
67C10Step

The One You Wish You Had Back

Here is my 1970 CST from my teenage and college years. This truck was built by some local guys many years before I got it. They put the 71/72 front clip on but the SPID on the glove box was 1970 CST. Power steering, power brakes, tilt wheel, A/C (never worked). Had tail lights from a 1970 Kingwood station wagon in the rear fenders and and shorted, chromed rear bumper. Had a TH400, 350 with Quatrajet. Got probably about 9-10 mpg on a good day. My dad bought it, brought it home and told me, "Your truck is outside."

My sisters used to make fun of me saying the first six months I had it I worked on it more than I drove it. I believe they are correct. Remember many days driving it to school and straight into the shop that afternoon and working on it until I went to bed.

This photo was taken sometime after I did the disc brake swap on the front. It originally had Keystone Classics but they would not clear the brake calipers. Grabbed the front end and rear axles from a wrecked 71. Also got an original seat as the one that was in the truck when I got it had come from a car and you could see the floor pan through it. Not too bad for a kid doing the work himself. At some point in college my grandfather helped me rebuild the old 350. Great memories there.

Drove this truck tens of thousands of miles between the ages of 16-22. Sold it and bought a 1979 CJ7 after I graduated college. Wish I had that one back, too.
Attached Images

2024 Toyota Tundra
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote