View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 12:17 PM   #69
Wgesnerjr

Re: Pic Thread: Police Vehicles

Unmarked but still cool:
This is the newest edition to the fleet. 2004 Impala 9C1. Originally a NC detective car. Unmarked it's whole life. When it was decommissioned, it was bought by my nephew and was his ride while he was attending Rutgers. He liked that it had a "Surveillance Mode" button that killed all the lights, inside and out. Ticket writing light, HD cooling, PS cooler, Oil Cooler, external Trans Cooler, Ice cold A/C, but pretty basic otherwise. Many miles were put on it.

While he was home on a break, a HUGE oak tree hit it across the cowl/windshield wiper area. Totaled the car but he found someone to rebuild it for what the insurance company gave him. Continued to drive it until he graduated and took it from NJ to his first Army post in Arizona. Then his current station in Ft. Bragg. He then left for Afghanistan for a year and left it with us in Atlanta. Once he returned he drove it for another year in NC then decided to buy a new car. I could not let it go for the trade in of $450 so I bought it from him.

The car has a lot of miles but rides fine and tracks true and straight. My daughter has adopted it and will be taking it off to Georgia Southern this fall. (if they open)

During COVID, I have been slowly restoring it out of pure boredom. New Stereo with Back up camera, 4 speakers, alarm for keyless entry, painted wheels and body side trim, took care of ignition key cylinder rebuild, regular maintenance and such.
Attached Images

LS 5.3, 4L60E
Father/Daughter Project
Wgesnerjr is offline   Reply With Quote