View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 03:03 PM   #657
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
I've been having trouble focusing on one thing and figuring out what to do next.
You and me both! Glad to know it's not just me!

I think your overall plan is good, but I'll add this for your consideration. From what I learned when doing this, I think the best method is to install the door so the gap at the B pillar is lined up where you like it... so that the latch closes without issue and the gaps are approximately uniform. After the door fits O.K. you're ready to line up your rocker panel. If you try to get the fender to fit before the door is where it needs to be, you'll just muddy the waters.

Hope this helps bud!
That makes a lot of sense and I appreciate the insight. I had planned to have the door looking right, as well as the fender, before starting the rocker panel. Your advice about lining up the gap at the B pillar and making sure the latch works well is helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
+1 to that advice, start at the part that you can't adjust (b-pillar) and work your way out from there!
Good to know. Appreciate the help. I will be sure to do that when I am test fitting the door and rocker.

Glad I decided to install the latch before moving forward. Thank you both for the tips.

Any advice on where to get a new speedometer cable that fits into a TH350 transmission? Having trouble finding information on the forum. I think I had to cut the original; didn't think it would be difficult to replace.

I have decided that my ultimate goal is to be able to drive it to the Rhinebeck Car Show in NY in May 2021. It does not have to be perfectly finished, but it needs to be drivable.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote