View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 10:59 PM   #658
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

I followed the advice of Cornerstone and CrackerJax and I think it worked out pretty well. I hate that you have to remove the fender to get to the outside hinge bolts, but I removed it and focused on the door gap at the B pillar and how it closed and latched. I grinded the latch opening with a Dremel to allow room for the latch to move.

1ST Attempt:
I got the door lines to match up, but it came at the sacrifice of the top right corner of the door which was way too close to the drip rail. I thought I was going to have to choose between perfect door lines with the top edge too close OR slightly off door lines with the top edge in a good position.

After messing with it a bit more, I tried lowering the latch strike plate a smidge and everything lined up to a spot where I was happy with it. I had to remove the shims I placed under the radiator support because the fender was too far forward. I'm pretty happy with this alignment and just hope that I can replicate it after I finish the rocker panel and remove the door and fender to blast / paint the cab.

Here's the pic of my crappy paint job on the fender. This was taken right after I removed the fender and I don't remember what happened, but I tripped, almost fell, and dropped the fender on the floor with anything else I was holding. Not concerned about the paint job, just did it to protect it from rust. I'll sand it down this weekend.

Not that you need a close up to see the bad paint job, but just in case you need glasses...

Here is the turn signal switch and the insert with the lettereing I got. I can't seem to get the pointer to fit in the steering column properly.

The turn signal lever I bought does not fit the switch. I am considering grinding the edges off to make it fit.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote