View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 09:30 PM   #654
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Thanks Joe!
With some more miles driven I have more comments. I have found that leaving the unit in automatic I can turn the overdrive on and off with the foot switch, but I think it will take me some time before I have the muscle memory to do it without thinking. Not that different than driving my S10 Blazer where I only put it in OD when I will be driving above 45 mph for at least 2 or so miles.
I can do regular traffic around town with the OD off and then if conditions are right then switch it into OD. For example morning commute is 8 miles some which about 1/3 of the way is 40 mph and the rest of the trip is faster. So at 0430 when I leave the house I have found that I can stay in OD the whole way. But on the way home at 5:00 pm traffic is such that only first 1/3 of the way home is moving fast enough to be in OD without it shifting in and out a lot.
The other thing I've noticed which probably is restricted to my unit only. Sometimes when in OD and above 55 mph there is a noticeable vibration that goes away if I shift out of OD. It will go away or is much reduced when I shift it back into OD.
I called GV to talk about wiring the lockup into their controller, but their tech guy is off for a medical reason for several weeks. So it may be a while before I get an answer on the vibration and the lock out interrupt feature. I did learn that they use the 2 outside pins on the phone jacks. So with some experimentation I should be able to figure out what they are doing.

Another issue I have discovered is that I need a different bracket for the TH350 kick down cable. The one I have only lets me open the secondary throttle plates about 30%. It's kind of liking driving around with the worn out 305 again.
Looks like a trip to the wrecking yard is in my future.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 05-29-2020 at 08:23 PM. Reason: -2 spelling
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote