Thread: The Rules
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:41 AM   #23
special-K
Special Order

Re: The Rules

I needed a 1/2" x 3' length of all thread, 9 nuts, and 9 washers yesterday so I try the buy online/curbside pickup with TSC. What a piece of crap website? User friendly it is not! Here they are the place to go for buying nuts, bolts, and washers because they sell by the pound. how do I do that online? How much do nine 1/2" nuts and washers weigh? Never got that far anyway. Never found nuts or washers on the website, only could add the all thread to my cart.

So I try Ace's website. Much easier to use. I found "nuts & washers", although the filters are for anything but size which is the best way to narrow down 5,000 different size and type of nuts possible. Where I hit my dead end with Ace was you could only buy a gross of the nuts, like 50 or 100.

So I said screw it. I'll have to stop at Home Depot on my way down the road, where I can walk in and select my 9 pieces by hand. I wanted to patronize my town businesses but it was just not possible. I could have called it in but by the time I got done with the website BS I was done trying.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-29-2020 at 08:07 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote