Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #6243
Wide Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
so I am on the home stretch with this truck and this is simply about tying up loose ends, so let me list the electrical issues as of this [ahem] ... morning, ha ha
1. the original green turn signal LEDs glow white not green

2. the red brake warning light, which I assume ought to light up on first key on then dissipate, never ever turns on, so I doubt it will glow as I am heading off a cliff

3. there must be a short somewhere in the turn signal circuit as the left turn signal works, ie flashes, but the right one just stays on I think (I may have this backwards)

4. the left (driver) turn signal bulb the one in the fender just faintly lights up and may flicker

5. I forget, but I'm sure there's more problems, so this is a place holder
so I ordered a second set of these LEDs from All Electronics and am ready to do some touch ups

couple observations since I first installed them, they are plastic, so they are pretty flimzy especially the threads on the barrel as you try and screw on the backing o ring type of thing, second, their male blade connectors are so tiny that I think I finally found the proper female ends to go on them, I think they are the 3 mil ones and not the 1/4" etc

Note: I solder all my connections to ensure proper connectivity so these being plastic sucks, as they tend to heat up and melt a bit just enough for the male blade connector to sink back into the plastic housing, cry me a river, right?!
I’m glad you’ve come to your senses and “appropriated” your kids stimulus money and invested it properly (Rusty) instead of buying them a different car😆

I think the turn signal light staying solid and not flashing means an open in the circuit. Such as a bulb being burnt out. Or if it’s the left aide that dim fender bulb Could be the culprit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wide Open is offline   Reply With Quote