View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 09:32 AM   #9
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That's not old school. Plenty of old school cog-type jack stands out there with no pin. That's a newer idea on the cog type. The older jack stands I've seen that use pins are the cheapest stamped steel with the pin being the only thing holding the extension up. The pin in the later cog-type is an extra safety measure. My cog-type have no pins and I never worry. When there is weight on them the handle can not lift and release. It's a great age old design that works as well today as it has all along.
I know those old pin style stands, I may have used them once. Waste of $8.99 I'm guessing, K-mart or Grand Auto for certain. Cheap is always better when you're a kid and don't know better. I wised up to cheap along time ago. Today I just buy stuff in error well too often, like the 4 pair of Vic Firth 7A I rec'd last week when the goal was 5A
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote