Thread: GPS - again
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 05:42 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: GPS - again

People put way too much faith in this electronic world we are being (attempted to being) shoehorned into. I'd rather screw up all on my own. Up home near my mom's the road takes a sharp turn but you can go straight on someone's lane. The county had to make a sign that is posted there that says "US40" with an arrow pointing left with the curve. Below that it says "Your GPS is wrong". This is a permanent sign.

Different, but electronic. I picked up $960 of lumber at the lumber yard a couple weeks ago. Debit card was declined, tried again and it was declined. So I wrote a check. I get home and call my bank to see what was happening and I'm told both of my purchases went though. SAY WHAT??? And I wrote a check, too! So thanks to this wonderful perfectly flawless system we rely on I just paid $2,880 for $960 of material!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote