View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 12:59 PM   #179
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Man, I lost track of this thread. You have made a ton of progress and the work is all to a really nice finish level. I see what you're saying about the door fitment and wish that I could offer a useful suggestion. Maybe p.m. Jasonb? I haven't seen him on here for a bit, but he churns through body work like nobody else I've seen. The wheels and tires look great and those three fifteens are huge. You must be looking forward to driving it. Is the TUV going to be a problem? I have heard that they are very strict.
Thank you. I have made some progress, it is slow going but progress nonetheless. I finished up the pass side door and fender (final primer). I was able to get the door to sit flush, made all the door to fender gaps an even 3/16". I am happy with how it turned out, should be very flat and then door to fender flows together nice.

I started on the driver side. This door is in better shape. The bottom side of it has one dent and the bottom flange is bowed out a bit so i need to fix that. Where the door meets the fender was banged in pretty good, but i was able to get the door lip to come back out and be around 1/32" below the fender. So some filler will be able to flush it up. The cab side of the door frame was very bowed out from the body line up. and was sticking about 1/2" higher than the cab. But the rest of the door lined up pretty well so i couldnt adjust the door anymore. So I got some wood and clamped it to both sides of the door frame and was able to flatten the curve out and now it is very close to flush with the cab or flush in most spots. The gaps are all over the place, but it is an easy fix with some welding rod. So that is the next step. Here are some pics of the progress.

Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote