View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 06:10 AM   #74
Steve-W

Re: 1958 Chevy 60 Viking

The problem with fire damage is you have no idea how hot things have gotten and whether the structural integrity has been compremissed. So far everything was looking up. some warping in the roof, but thats about it. the doors looked straight, so we decided to fit them just for argument sake and seeing we had replaced the lower hinge support on both sides, we were curious if the doors would still fit. well, you tell me:

the reason for the right door to be so clean is that they left it open when they bolted to get away from the fire the story behind this truck is almost moviescript worthy.

Seeing we have all the glass and rubbers, we started assembling the doors using as much of the original parts as possible.

To our supprise we were able to re-use everything except the left door lock

Done!

having completed the doors in a matter of hours, we turned our attention to our seating possition. I bought a bench from a '85 G30 a while back, which I actually wanted to put in my C10, seeing that is also blue...but I guess I'll have to buy another one

we used some 2x4's to get to the right hight (vision center window) and while we were at it, my mate quickly cut out a templet for the dash

which is actually a piece of sheetmetal of the G30 hood.

now we're despreatly waiting on the wheels, because we want to put that cab back on!
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote