View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 09:03 PM   #8
51 3600

Re: Arithitis and wrench bending

Don't see or expect many young'uns posting on this thread but I feel right at home. My long time business partner of 35 years and i starting flipping houses 3.5 years ago after 30 years in the cabinet business. He's 70 and I'm 73. All was well with both of us but man these last 3 years have been rough! Arthritis loves me now. Back hurts, fingers twisting (people can't tell which direction I'm pointing when I do), thumbs don't work (barely above the apes now), and right knee is now starting to quit unannounced (not good on ladders).
Partner is about the same and trying to recover from 3 strokes.

We're a sad pair but still find humor in it all. We make more noises getting up and down from the floor than the sounds of our power tools. Spend more time looking for the tools we just set down and now have walked. Pencils....pfft, get Amazon shipments daily.

I quit diclofenac as it didn't seem to help. 1000 mg Tumeric Curcumin works better for me, at least so far. Still, trying to put nuts on bolts is the worst.

'51 3600, LS5.3, 4L60e, Danforth cross., Blazer front susp., Borg Warner 9 bolt 3.27 GR, Wrangler leafs
51 3600 is offline   Reply With Quote