View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 09:24 PM   #3
jocko

Re: The "seldom seen" RPO thread

Steve, I believe the LS8 was more of a medium duty engine, but available in light duty trucks. I believe Pic 1 is an LS9, though the RPOs aren't labeled in the engine descriptions. And I believe Pic 2 is the LS8 - note it had a 2 bbl and lower compression. But, I agree, there's not much info available on the differences. As for LS8s in light duty trucks, I can only recall seeing them in C20/30s, but they were available in 10s (and Ks). Last pic (the little skinny excerpt from the optional equipment list in 69 that probably looks like it's attached to the bottom of the first pic, depending on how wide your screen is..), shows the very slight difference in wording between LS9 and LS8 RPOs - i.e. the LS8 being "heavy duty". I am curious what made it heavier duty than the LS9 though. Some have surmised 4-bolt mains, others nodular crank, but that could be had in LS9 if I'm not mistaken. Hmm. Thanks for sharing. Btw - does your 69 CST 20 with the LS8 also happen to have the optional K28 fuel filter?
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 06-06-2020 at 09:33 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote