View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 08:54 PM   #28
special-K
Special Order

Re: GMC instrument bezel and glovebox door complementary/contrasting color combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I love the blue seat Tim. I've been watching for one here on the left coast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimer1964 View Post
I like the blue with white also! But it also looks good in saddle the last time I saw it!
I liked it, too, the way it was built. But my long term plan has been to change paint color and use the saddle pieces. The long story is my '71 wrecker came with a mid-70s seat. I stole the blue seat from the white truck, dyed it black, and put a '71 Cheyenne interior in the wrecker. That seat cover was a poorly made P.O.S. from LMC. I stole the blue Custom Deluxe seat from the blue '71 SWB K/10 I had for the '72 K2500. A very comfortable seat and it looked good. I had blue bucket seats for the K/10. Then a friend really needed a Custom Deluxe seat to put a new take off Highlander cover on, so I pulled that seat and sold it to him. And that's what prompted the switch to saddle a bit sooner than I figured. The headliner is still blue because I figure the trim won't make it through a change. The top of dash is still blue, too, till the windshield comes out. I never notice it and I don't get asked about it. Kind of funny.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote