View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #34
Nick_R_23

Re: S10 Frame Swap on 47-53 - Would you do it again?

No worries, and that’s why I made this thread, to get the input from people who have been down that road. Experience is worth more than gold IMO! There is definitely a vast difference on how all these swaps are completed.

I think I’m going to try the Explorer route, as it looks like it works out excellent for the F1 and F100 guys, and I think it falls more in line with where I want the truck to end up. However, I do want to keep the full bed depth (unsure as of yet if I will keep the wood floors, or cut a metal floor from a newer bed to get more use out of the truck with less potential for damage), so how that ends up mounting on the frame may sway me in another direction. I’m okay with ending up at a “stock” ride height, but I don’t want 4x4 status, haha. Mocking things up will definitely be well documented and picture heavy when that time comes. Edit: Definitely in to see the Colorado swap done. I’ve briefly considered that, and the Trailblazer. They’re a little harder to come by around here unfortunately. Seems like a great platform.

That’s honestly a great deal for yours, but my reference was more towards the Roadster Shop, Art Morrison, or other pre-fab units (that accept a full C6 underpinnings, for example). Every bit of modern tech is built into those, but man do you pay out for them!

Last edited by Nick_R_23; 06-13-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote