Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 02:39 PM   #731
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Door Wire Loom

My truck didn't have any provisions for wiring in the door. So I bought these 1/2" braided stainless kits to install. After I did the passenger door first, the driver door went SO much smoother. Inside the doors there is a partition that sits at an angle, and because of that angle it proved very difficult to drill a hole through both the outer skin of door and that partition right behind it. Well I found by drilling a pilot hole through the outer skin, and before drilling it out to 3/4 size I used that pilot hole and a long bit to first drive both outer skin and partition at the same time. Then I could easily start the step bit on outside and partition a hole lot easier.

These worked out pretty well. They have a collar that gets fastened to the inside of door and cab pillar so I need to create access panels to get an allen tool inside to tighten/fasten the lock screw. Not to mention get the actual collar installed. The door side access holes will get welded back up. But the kick panels in the cab will stay. I bought some tiny windows strip rubber seals to install and plan to make sheet metal panels and just screw them over the hole for future access needs. They will ultimately be hidden by kick panel covers.

The 1/2" inner diameter size holds quite a bit of wire, see my picture below, should be enough for what I am going to do. Electic door locks and power windows, speakers, led lighting.

Here are some pics so far on my progress.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote