View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 09:57 PM   #3
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

I had the front end on but took it back off to hook up the powersteering lines. I also want to hook up the steering while its apart and that means finishing the pedal/column mount, like FINISH finish, guys who work on their trucks more than once in a blue moon know that there are many MOODS of finished. this kind of finished means it can come back apart for detail work but it has to be 100% installed and working so the steering shaft is the right length.

I changed the brake pedal mounting hole, the pedal was just a scootch higher than I wanted, it wasnt uncomfortable but I want it better. I cut the new one and started folding, I learned that tacking the bends after bending helps keep them in shape.

welded and HOT, some time in front of the carpet dryer helped.

while that was cooling off I heated up outside, tacking up the two attempts at installing an antenna (both failed) and closing the holes in the dash from that poor fan.

my neighbor finished up that kayak trailer I helped build parts for, he is proud and so am I, what a great guy he is.

I fixed the kids gokart for the oldest daughters visit next week, its been broken 10 years. I tried to buy a 212 predator from cardboard freight but none in stock (rona) so I bought a recoil starter and a carb rebuild kit and it runs like new with the old briggs flatty. hopefully something more important to show tomorrow.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote