View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 05:46 PM   #182
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

bolted up the pedal bracket in a couple minutes. I really love this design, I made it so you had to leave the booster bolts just a little loose to assemble, then when you have the dash side tight you cinch down the booster and everything pulls tight. it is so strong, even when you shake on the master cylinder the whole truck moves. it picks up the lower dash reinforcement, and the dash to firewall brace.

pedal placement is PERFECT now. PERFECT. I am a serial complainer about my dumbassness and I will never mention this pedal placement in my rants. Version 6.3, woop, right?

column needs to come out of the dash slightly, and I think I need button head bolts to let it come up slightly, but I am really pleased with column placement too. (it looks close to the seat but its not, it is a trick of the camera)

painted the speaker and the glovebox door too while I had the pyooter paint out. PEEE YOO TER. I remembered to get the bolts out of the glovebox this time too haha.

I am going back out after dinner to make the lower column bracket and cut the hole for the steering shaft. after I hook up the brake lines, I will be ready to bolt the cab down and reinstall the front. wiring only takes about a day, so here is hoping it runs by the weekend, then its glass and lights.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 06-17-2020 at 05:51 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote