View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 10:12 PM   #1
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

My spot welder tips have not been delivered yet; they are delayed at the post office, so I have not finished the bottom edge of the rocker panel.

I want to turn the truck around tomorrow if possible, and since the front is more stable with at least one fender on and I wanted to test fit the fender anyway, I put the fender on, then took it off, put it on again, took it off, and put it on a final time. It's actually getting so routine, it doesn't bother me anymore.

I had to make an adjustment on the door hinges; I wish they had figured out how to design it so the fenders don't have to come off.

I made a bracket for my fuse box and while it's small and simple in design, I am kinda proud of it since it's the first thing I have fabricated on my own. I bought one of my Craftsman tool chests as a display model when Sears was going out of business. They had several pieces of sheet metal bolted together in one of the draws to simulate the weight of tools. The metal is about 16 gauge steel.

I took it to a friend's house and used his bending tool to bend it into a U shape with about 5 inches on each side and a 3/4 inch bend. I cut about an inch off one side of the U, added spacers to the bolts for the harness plug, then mounted the bracket and the fuse box over the plug.

Here is the door aligned after the rocker install. I am thinking about just using a lot of bondo to build up the front of the rocker.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote