Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 11:07 AM   #737
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Ripping all my sheet metal back off to finish them up, get everything ready for paint. Didn't make it as far as I wanted but it's progress.

Got all holes filled in doors and front fenders. PO hacked up the doors for speakers pretty bad. Tons of slices from sheet metal shears for some reason... I smoothed all those out best I could and filled the mounting holes in case my new speakers mount differently.

I also decided to relocate my PCM because turns out the modification to my inner fender is now rubbing tire.... I dunno.... So I am putting it back to OEM. Cut the ledge I built out, welded in a strip, put it back on the truck, still rubs a bit. Cut 1/4" out of the strip, hammer+dolly, re-tacked. Tested it, it clears now.

I need to finish final weld and grinding on it. Next on the list is to fill the antennae hole on cowl piece, I got one of those hidden antennas. Then figure out where and how I am going to mount my PCM. Pretty sure I will be sticking it under that lip of LH fender next to core support. I want this thing done in 4-6 weeks so I may end up buying a mount if somebody makes one that will work there. I think I seen this on another thread somewhere.

Hope all the fathers out there had a great Fathers Day!

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote