Thread: Wife's 48
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 05:37 PM   #598
8man

Re: Wife's 48

Ok, I know some of you were thinking I had QUIT! Not so, I've been doing stuff that is really BORING and time consuming too. So here is what has been done.
IMG_0561 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr
This door was almost an inch low with the hinge taken all the way up. So there was a little bracket inside the A pillar that was cut off and moved up above the hinge, welded back in, and with that and a little oversizing the holes, it finally got the top gap right. BUT the latch was too low as it was in the stock position. So I had to drimmel out the four holes in the B pillar for the catch and then four holes in the door so I could move the Altman latch down and I got the1/4" I needed to get the door to close, latch and look correct and not rub on anything.

IMG_0560 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr
Then there was all the sanding, priming, bondo, sanding, priming, ad nauseum! Did I mention that when I was about 12 my dad had me do the sanding on the cars he painted to make a little side money. Until I left home that was my job! I HATE SANDING! Ok, enough venting on that subject.

IMG_0559 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

Now the entire cab is primed. NO it is not a perfect prime job, but it is covered and ALL the body work is finished and it won't rust! Yes, there is MORE sanding in my future, but I have a few days of fitting the frame, so when I can get back into the shop, I'll test fit the body on the frame with the new 350 and the 700R4 and see if I need to do any tunnel work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but if I were a betting man...
Build thread: "]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746899&highlight=wife%27s+48[/URL]
[/URL]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=840204
8man is offline   Reply With Quote