View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 09:59 PM   #682
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

This evening the wife helped me put the door on the D/S. It went much easier than I expected; I thought it would give much more problems than the P/S did. I still have to install the latch, but I removed it from the old door and need to blast and paint it.

After lining up the doors, I must say I am pretty impressed with my work on the cab corners considering I had, quite literally no idea what I was doing and working off of a wing, a prayer, and the great advice from people on this forum. I really thought that I had shot myself in the foot by installing it without the door in place.

Here is the door lining up..

You might notice that the door is a little bit too far out, just a little...

I'm pretty sure it's sticking out because of this. I could've removed it, but I got distracted with other things.

I moved on to removing the guts from my old door following instructions in a forum post to remove the glass. Had to drill out one screw, but otherwise it went well. Just needed a screwdriver, handheld impact screwdriver and hammer, and a vice grip.

And last but not least, and this will probably surprise you almost as much as it surprised me... I didn't break the glass. And no, I didn't leave it there either. I put it away somewhere safe.

I shoulda written you guys a message in the dirt on the glass.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote