View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 08:03 AM   #9
Ltpowers

Re: Vapor lock percolation?

Float levels have never been adjusted and haven’t seemed to have problems but I will check them when I get a chance.

I do have a regulator that is maxed out at 5.5 psi so all should be good. Also brand new fuel pump

I’ll have to look for the transition slots. Looked yesterday quick but didn’t see anything right away.

I switched to the middle hole for the accelerator pump last night. It had been on the top hole. But when the engine is warm it always sprays alittle fumes out before gas no matter which hole I have it in on the pump.

So are you thinking I should take the wood fiber spacer of and just run the heat insulated gasket?

The carb is an edlebrock avs2. About three months old. Took it apart and cleaned everything acouple weeks ago. Had a weak accelerator pump gasket probably from the heat before I had the wood fiber spacer and insulated gasket. Original jets and everything on the carb haven’t changed and needles or jet sizes.

I have to figure out where my timing is at. I know it’s alittle retarted right now. Just don’t know where the timing light is jumping all around.

Original wire that came with the hei is on it and from there I added new wires. I took the dizzy cap off and unplugged the vaccine advance and either blew into or sucked on it and the weights did move. Spark plugs gapped at 0.45
Ltpowers is offline   Reply With Quote