View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 11:50 PM   #15
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

marc and marc (hmm thats a coinkydink) , thanks I like being busy.

got the lower column mount cut and installed, worked perfectly.... after some work. see if you cut the center to clear the 2" diameter column tube, you would have to lift it perfectly into position. so I had to go back and cut it again to clear the 3" diameterplastic on the bottom of the column so it could be installed like a normal column. after that it was a piece of pudding pie.

bad picture but the column is centered on the gauges.

I had to clearance the lower bracket slightly to clear the brake pedal, that wont be a problem on the next truck, will just move it slightly more. I also needed an extra bracket on that right side that was really cantilevered, adding the bracket made it perfect.

installed the gas pedal on a stand I cut out in a few minutes. needs a couple tweaks but its there. cable even lines up with a factory firewall hole.

I did more after this picture, like moving the shaft pass through down an inch . I cant ever seem to get it right the first time. tomrrow I can get the shaft installed and maybe the wiring done, stretch goal will be rad and condenser installed and running boards too. triple daughter party sunday with family, one grad college, one in town from phx, and the youngest bday.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote