View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 12:26 AM   #10
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: The ethics of a seller - the "gray" areas

I disclose everything that I know of. I guess I'm a terrible salesman.

But the one thing I dislike is when someone comes in and tries to seriously cut me down for no other reason than to cut me down. I'm being on the level and they aren't. They are playing games and trashing my car. They can take a walk as far as I'm concerned. And I'll tell them so.

As far as buying goes. That's always a crap shoot.I expect something to happen. Because it always does on older cars. They just do that. You can't blame the seller.

I sold a truck to a guy and he came back a day later and the motor was knocking badly.

I had that truck for two years with no issues whatsoever. He had it one day and now the motor is F#cked up. I gave him his money back. Maybe I should have told him to shove it. But I didn't. I ate the money and sold it later for a lot less with a bad motor. I'm sure that this guy thrashed it and messed it up. But I couldn't prove it. And I stand behind my word. I said it was a good truck. Who knows what happened. I lost money. But I kept my dignity.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote