View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 12:41 PM   #1011
Wide Open

Angry Re: A '54 named Busty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
yeah they are called quick connect for a reason (not quick disconnect, LOL) the factory is all about making it easier and faster to crank out these trucks ie build them for their less and less skilled workers, I hate all of the GM fittings and connectors they are insanely difficult to disconnect and reuse without damage, some electronic plugs you seriously need a third arm to get off, that or maybe I'm just a moron?! ha ha
Yep I hate them too I had a quick connect quickly disconnect on me once. (Well twice actually). I swapped an L92 into a 00 RCSB that originally had a 5.3. I used the Corvette regulator plugged into the factory fuel lines at the rest of the engine since they were already there and in working order. I connected the single feed line to the L92 returnless fuel rail. Good to go. Until one day driving home the truck stalled and I smelled gas. Popped the hood to find the connector at the file rail had quickly disconnected and sprayed the engine bay with highly flammable liquid. Thankfully no fire. I reconnected it and drove the rest of the way home. I figured I must have not fully snapped it into place on installation. A few weeks later same thing happened but this time I couldn’t keep it connected. It would partially dislodge and leak fuel at the connection so I ended up buying Russell fittings to replace the factory stuff.
2007 Escalade
Wide Open is offline   Reply With Quote