Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 10:22 AM   #747
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - PDU or Electrical panel redesign

Well the inner fender fender bit me. I mentioned this before, but I don't know how I missed the fact the wheel started rubbing the shelf/notch I put in it for the PCM.

So being able to redesign the panel was a good thing anyway. I like it better now than before. It's a bit busy on the core support but at least it's not hanging out on the fender looking ugly. I wasn''t able to mount the PCM on the fender lip next to headlight like I wanted due to all the wiring leading to the terminal blocks on the backside of the panel. I also didn't want to change this so I ended up figuring out I could just extend my panel into the fender and mount the PCM up higher to miss the inner fender.

You can see here I traced the old panel, then I added the new section onto it to suppport the PCM with Dirty Dingo mount. I went ahead and kept the DD mount since I had planned to use it on the fender, and it would be useless to return really.

Using all the same mounting holes, and adjusting some other items around from the original design I drilled the holes and welded all the nuts to backside. Then it was on to mockup.

Back side:

Front side:

I used small bushings and 2 rubber washers on both sides of bushings to help with vibrations with PCM. I also have small rubber washers on mounting screws between DD mount and PCM.

Old vs New, size is just simply longer to extend the PCM into the fender.

I got it painted last night, light is terrible. I forgot a notch in the bottom so I will get that done tonight as well and get everything installed. Hopefully this is the final time I mess with this. I still have the design where I can loosen the bottom bolts and remove the top bolts for maintenance. It should now fold out away from the core support even further with the PCM mounted up higher.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote