Thread: Skunks!!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 09:01 AM   #4
Boog
laying low

Re: Skunks!!

It's amazing how they can be right under your nose so to speak and you not smell them.
Many years ago the termite guys left the access door under my house open and crushed open one of the heat/air ducts too. My kids alerted me there was something in the floor vent. I figured mouse or maybe rat. NO, it was a skunk! I sat down on the floor and removed the air register and came face to face with the thing. Holy cow! I slammed the register down real fast and he couldn't get turned around to spray so glad for that. No smell.
Anyway I got up early 4 mornings in a row and sat outside with my flashlight and a lawn chair waiting for that guy to be out and making his rounds so I could close up the access door. I never did see him coming or going but I got lucky and closed it up and he was gone. I had thrown many bags of moth balls under there to get him to leave but he wasn't bothered by that. And no room under there for any traps. I had to go under there and put that heat/air duct back together. You know I really wasn't in any hurry to go under there too.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote