View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 10:44 PM   #23
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

while I was cutting I popped out a PCM tray. on past trucks I have just, *ahem*, TAPPED on the inner to make room for the pcm, but this is nicer, recesses it enough to miss the s10 HVAC box that mounts on the firewall and looks super clean.

I cut the battery box too, but I need the HVAC box installed and the rad mounted to know where best placement is. I took the AC out charged, so tomorrow morning I will wrestle that snake and recess the battery box.

I also could get the stock steering wheel off because the column was finally mounted. you can use a wheel puller sure, but mine was at the new shop in the workbench, so I did it the way I usually do, loosen (but dont remove) the center nut and give some firm tugs at 12 3 6 and 9. eventually the wheel will just come off. if you plan to run an old wheel like I am, be aware with the 98 column you will need a lot of dish to the wheel (16" chevelle wheel has like 2 3/4 dish so no worries there) and you will also need to pull the airbag clockspring. but after doing that, no probbbbbs.

the color matches the dash perfect.

I am shooting for 4th of july fire w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ up!

I tried out the che
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote