View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 08:56 PM   #191
gigamanx

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
Thanks... unfortunately things didn't go well with it today.

It's pretty bad... the C-pillar was hit hard enough that it's warped the body from the b-pillar back. The paint is cracked on the roof rail above the B-pillar and the passenger door is scraping the latch when opening/closing it now. The hatch isn't latching correctly either. You can see just how bad the roof is warped by the gap at the front of the quarter window. I have full coverage on it but I'm sure repairs would cost more than its worth, so it'll probably be totaled. And negotiating a reasonable value on the car with the insurance company probably won't be fun either, NADA range is 500 for low retail to $1225 high retail, KBB is $1038 to $2115... neither are realistic. It still drives fine, but I'll have to take it to a shop with a frame machine and hopefully they can get it back in shape.

That's awful to see man. Here I am ready through your thread seeing all the work and enjoyment only for murphy to go drop a tree right where you parked. Junk it maybe? Keep the seats and tires for the next ride

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote