View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 12:19 AM   #17
Isaiah92260

Re: Need help with my first 350 sbc

Hey fellas thank you for your reply’s and answers.
It’s been rough few weeks because of this damn covid, I work for the state.

I did have the motor running good, then the timing mark went 2” off ATDC.

So I replaced the balancer because the ring went bad and got loose, and Now

I havnt adjusted for valves while running since I can’t get it to idle well.

It’s idling very rough.

I checked if I was at TDC.

#1 spark plug out, distributor pointing at #1.
Cranked the motor to check if air coming from #1, which it blew air out, and my timing mark was pointing at 0. So I’m pretty sure TDC is set right?

Then started the engine. She idles very rough, I then set the timing at 12 before TDC. And it still idles bad.
I tried raising the idle speed screw and nothing happens when I raise it.

I have a 4 barrel holley, I set the idle screws starting at 1 1/2 Turns back out.

I checked to see if I have any vacuum leaks but I can’t find any around the manifold. Or the hose that goes to my automatic trans I’m stumped again.

Responding to the question, When I did the distributor I bought a tune up kit from Accel, I’m not sure what the specs sure, I know I should have checked... it was a brand new coil, cap, rotor, metal plates, the little springs, and the harness, and my spark plugs and wires are brand new, I set the gap on the spark plugs at 45

After when I fest set the valves and installed the new carb and set the timing at 12 the first time, it was running fine, great actually, but now this, I’m sure you all could tell I’m pretty frustrated, a little pissed too.

I checked everything I could think of

Lastly here is a picture I took of my vacuum gauge
Attached Images

Isaiah92260 is offline   Reply With Quote