View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 07:38 PM   #491
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Oh wow, I am so sorry about your flooding. Hopefully, since this isn't a regional type flood your contractors will stay on the job hard. Glad to hear the fan issue was a "no biggie".
We’re pretty fortunate that it was what it was. That, and I know a general contractor from my work. He retired from the fire department a few years back. We’ve known him 15 years and know his work. He’s on top of what will be needed to get us back to 100%. At this point, it is just a matter of waiting for the adjuster’s report to make it to the claims agent so the money can start moving. In the meanwhile, we keep the water turned off until we need to use it. We shower simultaneously and flush toilets at the same time. What water seeps out gets vacuumed up with my shop-vac. It’s annoying, but it works.

If things aren’t moving forward by Tuesday, I’m going to cut off the pipes myself and splice in shut-off valves so I can isolate the leak and allow us to use water in the rest of the house while we are waiting.

-Joe