View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 11:24 PM   #11
mr48chev

Re: Did ya ever see anything like this?

I'm thinking that it is a fairly recent as within the past 20 years build.

From that i'd say that someone got their hands on the 3805 panel that had a bad cowl on it and rather than try to splice on a new cowl cut it back behind the door posts far enough to weld in the 5 window back section and set a good 5 window cab on in front of the now custom box. The filled round windows probably mean that it spent some time as a hippy rig, surf rig or camper rig in the 60's and or 70's when those windows were the hot lick on vans.

Chassis appears to be a 3800 137 inch wheelbase chassis with a Dana 70 8 lug rear axle. Front end was modified to get the spring hangers closer to the frame in the rear and the shackles were moved up in the frame in the front.

Typical classic car sales outfit babble when they don't actually know enough about the vehicle and go by what they think or by what the person they bought it from told them.

Still that could be a great advertising rig or a fun road rig that you could sleep in if you wanted to. i'm thinking that the sale price will be quite a bit below the asking price though.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 07-05-2020 at 11:30 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote