Thread: Skunks!!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 05:58 PM   #43
kipps

Re: Skunks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It's funny I can drive down the road and smell a skunk or other nasty thing and go "Yuk!", but when they are poisoning the weeds I smell that and think the air smells fresher than fresh. I think skunk sting is the better one to be breathing. I always hold my breath when I smell that poison
Funny too, as I don't mind the smell of skunk. It's a perfectly normal smell, and not worth getting excited over.

Of course, it does smell much different if you're the one who gets sprayed directly! That happened once. A skunk was caught in a live trap, and I wasn't paying attention. He got my forehead, but missed my eyes.

I spent an hour in the shower, and after that, the smell wasn't objectionable by anyone else. I still smelled it each time I showered for the next week. I think the oils had soaked into my skin, and volatilized each time I showered.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote