Thread: Need TBI help
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 06:20 PM   #1
Mavis79

Need TBI help

Hi all, I have an 84 extended cab with a TBI swapped in. We (Son’s first truck) bought it not running. Was told the fuel tank selector switch went bad and then other electrical issues started.

So far, I have gotten spark but no injector pulse (checking with a Noid light). Pulled the distributor and it looked a little rough so we ordered a new one (thought it might be the pickup coil). No change, unplugged the TPS to ensure that the computer wasn’t in “flood” mode. I confirmed I am getting 12 volts to the injectors. As this was swapped when we got it wiring is a little bit of a challenge. I haven’t found a fuse in the wiring (unless they hid it somewhere under the dash). Any thoughts on what to check next?

I did notice that the fuel pump continually runs with the key on, and the brake warning light is always illuminated (even with the key off). I am getting fuel to the TBI (I don’t know what the pressure is).

Would insufficient fuel pressure cause the injectors to not pulse?

I’m starting to think the wiring is bad enough that I might pull all of the electronics and start from scratch.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=808381
03 Silverado 2500HD 6.6/Allison
07 Ford Escape Hybrid (Commuter)
15 Chevy Impala
Mavis79 is offline   Reply With Quote