View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 10:01 PM   #218
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

rain in the forecast, cant pull it out. spent yesterday getting all the various things a startup would need, like coolant and oh I DONT KNOW MAYBE SOME OIL? my hubris was almost my downfall, starting an empty motor may have sounded like shaking a bag of hammers.

look at the crowd in here.

in that corner are: TWO AC lines, a lower rad hose, two trans cooler lines, a battery and cables, and the fusible link for the drivers side power distribution. everything is accessible and easy to work on.

spectre sells an air cleaner that uses adapters and fits the s10 AFM, but I noticed a 3" air cleaner last time and used it instead. the s10 AFM is 3.25" but with a little flap disc it fits nice. best part is the price, the air cleaner with all the adapters is 37 bucks and this one is 22. they even started selling a black one in case you dont need the extra horsepower of the red one.

if you use an s10 4.3 pay attention to that nipple right here.

it innocuous enough, but that vacuum line runs to the HVAC inside and is ALWAYS rotten. always. it will give you a rough idle you will likely never find.

finished up the HVAC blower pass through, good enough for the girls I go out with!

also bolted on the 2.5" hubcentric spacers, you have to grind the bearing hub just slightly where the hub cover is, but they fit great after that. I need hubcentric on this truck because of the wheels, coys, need the centering hub.

and finally! no muss no fuss, just turned it on and away it went! (click to play)

IMG_7498 by Rooty Tooty, on Flickr

with everything almost done underhood, I can do glass and interior inside. still need to weld up that floppy door. but everything else is just bolts.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote