View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 06:38 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: 69 K10 with Factory 396

I have one thing to say about this claim, "Documentaion required"

Were the engine and transmission "overhauled" OR "rebuilt"? No such thing as overhauled/rebuilt. It's one or the other ya douche bag salesman

The quality of the obvious restoration, or "creation", is an issue by itself. The typical put together to sell or put together without knowledge to do it right. A one of 5 rare exception should have been restored to original specs. Base coat/clearcoat is a big failure here, followed by lack of emblems and it doesn't even have a correct transfer case? Not much effort into doing it correctly.

I wonder what came first, putting this creation together or the story

I knew a GMC rep, I guess for this region(?), in the later '70s. He always had the coolest nicest brand spankin' new trucks. Never had them long, like just a week or two. That is how far the "perks" went with vehicles. GM would never built these trucks for rep. First of all, they don't "rep" what is available. Why show people what they can't have????

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-08-2020 at 06:48 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote