Thread: Covid Proof
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: Covid Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Soaked the last few pieces of hardware in vinegar today, best sanitizer there is.
I wiped my whole house, all the aluminum siding, down with vinegar last summer when I painted it. An old-timer told me about that in the '70s. I just painted brand new galvanized corrugated. I wiped it down with vinegar and let it sit dry for a while. scuffed it up, wipe down with vinegar, rinse, dry, DTM latex primer, paint. The stuff is an excellent etcher and solvent and cheap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboxchev View Post
Been doing that myself. I figure if the shif really hits the fan, nobody will like my stench!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Not if they to eat pickles!
The smell attracts me. Y'all don't put vinegar on your greens?? I grew up putting vinegar on broccoli, spinach, and more. An Ocean City, MD thing is malt vinegar on fries done in peanut oil. Maryland loves crabs. People marinade the meat in malt vinegar. I was worried I'd have people flocking to my place if the shinola hit

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote