View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 05:36 PM   #331
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Good news on the car....but that sucks about the the chrome spray...
Amen to both, Greg. We'll see if I can fine tune the grille bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Wow, I thought the chrome spray was supposed to be great stuff.
I think under the right circumstances it can be, Dale, but it would appear poor choices and bad timing led to a substandard result. I'll know better if I ever go that route again.

The wood deck outside our kitchen has deteriorated to the point it needs some TLC. Kathy's sister recommended a handyman and we got a bid to repair it but it was more than I wanted to spend. I have this problem where I compare the cost of almost everything to car parts. I can't help thinking that if I do something (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, etc.) myself I can buy this that or the next thing for my current project with the money I save. So, I went to the lumber yard and bought the materials I need and worked on it until about 11 this morning when it started to get really hot. At this rate it will take several days, but that's okay.

This afternoon, I did a bit more on the box that will sit in front of the console. It houses the stereo head unit and a pair of speakers as well as the a/c controls. I need to take the front and sides to HRE and test fit them to determine the angle the sides need for welding. When the box is done, I'll have the upholstery guy cover it with the same material as the console lid.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote