View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #8385
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

71 C20 $5500. Ummmmm green!

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...155266268.html

1971 Chevy C20 custom deluxe
I am the 3rd owner of this sweet ride, has a 350 mated to a TH300 and a rear Posi.
Have been daily driving it for the past year and a half without a single issue. Truck comes with period matching canopy and draw system in bed. Only rust on truck is small bubbling on cab corners and a little on the rockers.
front clip of truck was repainted due to a previous owner back dating the grill and hood from a pre '71 truck.
Interior is in great original shape. retains the original radio and has a modern bluetooth radio in the glove box.
power steering and brakes (front discs rear drum), heater works great!
oil changed every 2500 miles with lucus classic car oil (high zinc)
Truck has special interest plates. (no tags needed)

Only thing the truck needs a carb rebuild kit or new carb. runs fine but is starting to show signs of age.
as well as a head rebuild on the left cylinder bank. one of the valve seals leaks the tiniest bit of oil if sat for a while causing a tiny bit of smoke among start up.

maintenance done since I have owned it:
*New alternator and battery
*new water-pump and belts
*new in line fuel filter
*plugs and wires
*new gas shocks on all four corners
*Truck has custom manifold back exhaust
*New matching carpet kit installed

Over all a clean driver that would make a good candidate for a rest or keep driving as a survivor.

I think $5500 is a fair price considering how insane the prices on these have gotten over the past few years.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377