View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 09:10 AM   #48
special-K
Special Order

Re: How do you protect your investment from theft ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
First of all if you think of this hobby as an investment you need to get out sorry to say.
But Good insurance is the only way . If someone wants you vehicle bad enough it's gone no matter what you do. My 66 ss is valued at 65k . And I drive it to lowes home depot walmart you get the idea and car shows. I'm driving my burban all over as we speak . Sits in the lot with the other cars and trucks at the hotel
I have never looked at these trucks as an investment, other than when I ran my contracting business using them, when it came to taxes. It's not a hobby either. Old GM Trucks have been a way of life for me just as a Harley is to a biker. What my truck is to me at this point is not a possession, it is an attachment to my life until I die. Insurance can do me no good there. She's my keeper, my last one after owning so many, and that is what I tell everyone who asks to buy it. I am the cowboy and the truck is my pony

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote