View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 11:32 AM   #24
SCOTI

Re: Resale Value - LS vs SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
In your situation I would keep the sbc since it's been rebuilt already. Now if you needed a new engine that would be a different situation yes It's nice having a new power plant in but if your not going to update the rest of the truck it's a new heart in a 50 year old body.

And it's very easy to get upside down real fast. I've had discussions with guys who have done the conversions and I always get the it gets better mileage now and it's so smooth now. I counter with you get 16 to 20 mpg now but you drive it 1000 miles a year so where are the savings I have nothing against doing the conversion but just say you wanted to do it. My trucks will cruise at 75 to 80 mph with ease just came back from the c10 nationals doing just that. I was being paced by a couple of younger guys leaving TN they stopped when I did and were almost shocked that I had the original power plant in the truck. I averaged 12.5 mpg
This is the stuff I just don't get. It's like before the LS. if you had a sbc & no overdrive you couldn't go past your neighborhood. The 2nd one is all pre-LS motors leak BAD & LS motors don't leak .
I've had experience w/more than one LS that was just as dirty under hood from oil seepage as my old school motors.

But, this isn't an LS vs. sbc debate. Like I stated previously, MODERN technology is a better benefit. A solid (high quality) install of either set-up is a must but I don't doubt that coming from the OP.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote