View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 02:00 PM   #26
67 twins

Re: Resale Value - LS vs SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
Value vs investment. I've bought my last 2 sbc engines from young guys swapping an LS into a 67-72 chevy. Keep on doing it, that way I can keep buying good motors cheap. I think it boils down to an age issue. Mostly, those of us that grew up with these trucks, find it a little sacreligious to do the swap. 95 percent or more of all owners will only use the truck for recreational purposes only. Just a great running , dependable truck with ANY combo is a sell according to today's market. Get the guy that is going to daily drive one, he may give more.
I agree. The engine in my C10 I bought for $500 from carb to oil pan, fan to clutch everything correct for my 67. The spark plug wires even routed correctly with all but one of the holders still there. The engine appears to have been rebuilt (it had
great compression, runs fantastic and runs good oil pressure. You can get great deals on SBC or inline 6s because of all the people LS swapping.
I don't understand why people think a modern drive train is needed to daily drive one of these. They were daily driven back in the day & still do a fine job of today with the original engines.
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote