Thread: 47-55.1 Double D joints
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 06:24 PM   #12
joedoh

Re: Double D joints

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
The video never addresses the MUCH MORE LIKELY POSSIBILITY of set screws backing out. Again, which has worse consequences: negligible wear between the two DD surfaces (your steering box will wear out before that ever happens) or a set screw coming loose? The former gives some slop in your steering, the latter you lose your steering entirely.

Quit giving bad advice? If you consider 5 decades of experience bad advice I suppose. Beats the heck out of just assembling one S10 after another.
What I meant was, I am not singling you out, although it can sure feel that way I bet. when someone says something that isnt right I can (too brusquely maybe) point it out.

I have used borgeson u joints for decades, not just on s10 swaps, because being cheap on steering or brakes is a stupid way to die. never had a set screw back out when the lock nut is tightened. I dont use loctite. you can still disagree with the guys who make the parts if you want.

and I guess I dont understand. your friend the builder considers the s10 swap as significantly more work than a (pre engineered also) MII. but it isnt when its convenient for you? either I am doing MUCH more work, in your own words, or I am not? I guess I am supposed to be.. insulted? I am not. I like the stuff I put together!

but the long and the short is I dont mind if you think the s10 is the easy way out, hard way out, medium way out. I will keep building trucks, like I have been doing since the 90s, full frames here too. Its easy to judge someone by their actions with your intentions, people do it all the time. I just cant be bothered by it, I guess maybe get some of that attitude for yourself too. or dont!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393