Thread: T-5 swap time
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 08:28 PM   #27
slepysal

Re: T-5 swap time

Ahhh the fun continues....
My hand was feeling better so I decided to remove the pilot bushing. I was expecting to battle with it, but to my surprise I used bread and it came fairly easy.
Now putting in a new one is another story. The bushing that came with the clutch kit (off of a 77 C10 with a 400 11" 26 spline) went in about 1/16 and then started to get " smashed". I removed it and went to the LPS and picked up a Motormite Help bushing for a 1967 Chevy Camaro with a 250. Same results it seems to big.
I purchased another one BCA PB656HD same thing. My old bushing is measuring out a 1.0925 the BCA 1.0996 and the Motormite 1.0965
I purchase a bushing for a powerglide to manual way to small 1.067
Watched videos and they seem to go in with less persuasion . I've tried freezing ,using grease and even sanded one down a bit.
ANY and I mean any help would be appreciated ! Tempted to reinstall old one and be done with it.

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote