Thread: T-5 swap time
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 10:06 PM   #36
slepysal

Re: T-5 swap time

Slow progres .. but some. As I mentioned earlier the fly wheel came off and smashed my right hand fingers ( yes a stupid and painful mistake) I am at about 80% almost able to make a fist so I am limited on wrenching. My daily driver's power steering pump shaft broke so I had to take it to a shop. Nothing kills me more than having to pay someone to do something that I can do. Ok that's out of my system!
Pilot bushing is in !!
Name:  pilot bushing in.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  41.3 KB

I decided to install the flywheel and found out the center bore was to small. First thing to cross my mind was that I had some weird crankshaft!
I thought I did my due diligence in researching what I needed so ordered a LUK LFW101 from Summit back in 2016
Well now in 2020 I find out that the one I ordered has too small of a center bore!
I was able to find one (in stock on a Saturday) at a local parts house . It went on with ease new bolts just need to torqued. Waiting on new pressure plate bolts. Stay tuned

"Over, Around or through it... "

Last edited by slepysal; 07-19-2020 at 10:28 PM.
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote