View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 03:55 PM   #336
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Looking good Vic...great that they're getting with it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
The box is looking great. I'm glad they're working on it. Hopefully it paint prison sentence is a short one.
Thanks, guys! Hot Rod Express called this morning with a question about the car and told me they'd moved it back to the body shop and are starting to block sand it. Hopefully they stay on it and don't run into too many issues with my work. I've tried to convey to them that my goal is a nice driver and I expect it to get rock chips and muck from road trips. As such, I don't need body and paint work to the level of a top ten show car. They charge an hourly rate instead of quoting a price for the job, so you can understand they have an incentive to do as much to it as they can. At 100 hours, their rate decreases from $65 to $50 but that still adds up in a hurry.

I did some more work on the stereo "box" to the point where it's ready to be covered with leatherette material to match the console lid. It will have to wait on that for a while, though, as I need to finish the mounts for it in the car ...which isn't here.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote