Thread: Spitfire
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 11:22 PM   #93
Deer_hunter_088

Re: Spitfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironangel View Post
I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just tellin you what you need to do and get...Get a timing light! I would make the HEI distributor swap as well. Did you get the rear brake issue fixed? Really need to know what your timing is set at! I'm curious what carb is on the old girl? That motor appears to have been rebuilt, are those flat top pistons? What heads (casting numbers) (6 or 7 digit number)? Also, you need to run an old school motor oil in these flat tappet motors, an oil with "ZDDP" in it Like Valvoline VR1 or Mag-1 motor oil so the cam and lifters live. I'm thinking you've had timing issues causing the backfires and idle problems? Very cool truck by the way, and a bummer you couldn't melt some rubber doing a world class burnout at graduation...I have two 72's, "Belle & Nasty Sally" named them after old girlfriends because these trucks will take all your money for new shoes, make up, and command all your attention...Welcome to the world of Chevy trucks! Heres a video of Nasty Sally winning a first place trophy at the 2017 Truck Nationals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jXx...B&index=2&t=0s

Flat tops, and yse it has, its outa a buddies k20. 010 4 bolt block. i cant remember the heas, iirc mine came off a camaro with a 350. im running a crane cams enegizer, .480 lift. working at a parts store has its benifits, i plan to eiter run zinc additive or get some vr1, my store can only get it in 20 w 50, and i feel like there is way too thic

Motor specs. (one going in it

4 bolt main 010 block, flat tops, crane cams energizer ( https://www.jegs.com/i/Crane-Cams/271/100072/10002/-1 )

i feel like with the 4spd this will be a good combo. its got a eldebrock 650 going on it. already has the hei swap done, and i will be hitting it with a timing light

Made in the USA, just like my trucks
Deer_hunter_088 is offline   Reply With Quote